Hunting for faries and playing pirates in spectacular Hawke's Bay landscapes is my favourite hobby. My style of family portraiture is a journey that starts with candid doco-style shooting of your baby at home in those first crazy weeks, followed by location family sessions with young children where kids can use their imagination in a wild, completely candid way. In contrast, I also love the powerful simplicity of children in a contemporary studio setting, especially printed big and beautiful on fine art paper. This style is especially cool for documenting the emerging independent spirit of teens and pre-teens. Family portrait photography is not about creating a record of how you and your family looked during a moment in time, but capturing the magic of what it meant to hang out together, to love each other and to laugh.
Sessions & Collections
studio family session - $950 includes approx. 1hr session, $100 print credit + dropbox of high+low res images*
The simple, paired-back aesthetic of natural light in a studio environment. I love this style of shooting for large-format, contemporary fine-art prints. It's a style that reveals the innocence of childhood, the power of family and the growing independent spirit in teens and pre-teens. This studio session suits nuclear families wanting images as a group as well as individuals of children.
studio mini session - $550 includes approx. 30min session fee, $100 print credit + dropbox of high+low res images*
For individuals, especially fine-art style portraiture of children, maternity or couples.
LOCATION OR LIFESTYLE family SESSION - $1250 includes approx. 1Hr session, $100 print credit + DROPBOX of high+Low RES IMAGES* + hosted slideshow
Working with the light and landscape to create some spectacular photography of your family and children, I love to use places and spaces that you spend time in as a family, or come to your home to spend an hour or so shooting in a candid documentary style so you have beautiful memories of who you are as a family at one moment in time.
Newborn lifestyle session - $750, includes at-home session, $100 print credit + dropbox of high+low res images + hosted slideshow*
I am absolutely passionate about the value of professionally documenting the incredibly special time when a baby joins the family. It is a gloriously chaotic part of your life and I want to help you to remember what it felt like by spending time with you and your baby at home, learning each other’s ways in a natural, unposed way. All the new routines of home life become future treasures when beautifully documented.
*print credit valid for 1 month from date of image delivery. Dropbox link expires six months from upload date.
printing options & prices
I believe passionately in the enduring value of beautifully printed professional images which are then custom-framed. However it has become extremely difficult to source high quality, accurate printing on fine art paper. So although you have the digital images to print how you wish, I encourage you to use the Eva Bradley Photography printing and framing service. I only use Ilford textured cotton rag fine art paper. It’s quite simply glorious. Make your memories last beyond your next hard-drive crash and become enduring bespoke art pieces for your home. If the options below don’t quite suit, please just get in touch.
FINE ART PRINTS
What is fine art printing? Imagine a Rolls Royce next to a Mitsubishi Mirage. Sadly, fine art printing has mostly been replaced by cheap kiosk or online printing where you get exactly what you pay for. It’s impossible to replicate the true colours and quality of the professional images we’ve shot and edited for you with our really amazing camera and computer equipment with cheap printing.
Printing with us is also really easy. Provided we shot your wedding or family session in the past 2 years, we’ll have the files in our Dropbox so you can just email us a list of image numbers and we’ll print and post. This is really useful info to pass on to friends and family who may not know how to go about getting digital files printed.
Unframed small print packs
6x4” pack of 10 - $60 / pack of 15 - $85 / pack of 20 - $110.00
5x7.5” pack of 10 - $75 / pack of 15 - $100 / pack of 20 - $130.00
Unframed individual enlargements
Desktop (8x12”/A4) - $65 / Small wall (11x16”) - $110 / Medium wall (24x30”) - $185 / Feature wall (40x60”) - $525
Classic black or white wooden frame with a white mat or choose to have the image filling the frame (no mat).
Small wall (8x12”/A4) - $145 / Medium wall (A3) - $265 / Large wall (A2) $445 / Feature wall (A1) - $625
Please note: postage within NZ is $10/order. Please enquirE for any other print quantities or sizes.
* Because I have my own little family and shoot a lot of weddings, I only schedule one family session a week. This gives me the creative headspace to fully focus on your family (excuse the pun) and how best to document and edit your session so that it truly rocks. For this reason, please get in touch in plenty of time.
* Between October and May, I shoot family sessions on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Studio sessions can be any time of day, and location sessions are scheduled around the best light (first thing in the morning or late afternoon/early evening). Weekend sessions are available June-September (and I LOVE winter light!)
* I don't shoot family events (reunions etc) but please get in touch if you'd like a referral.
* The best locations are those with special family memories, or where the sun position really enhances the creativity and ability to play together. Eva will discuss this with you before your session. Please note that locations beyond Napier/Hastings/Havelock North include an additional $75 mileage.
* Clothing should reflect who you are, but if you are uncertain, go for simple, classic clothing in a muted palette avoiding bold prints, logos and loud colours. It's about you, not what you're wearing. When you're choosing what to wear, consider a colour pop or hue that ties you together as a family and consider the seasons and colours of nature during that time of year. For pre-teens and teens, I believe it's especially important to document who they really are as individuals, so even if you bring their 'Sunday best', also consider letting them pick their own clothes as it's all part of telling the story of who they are.